One of our goals is to improve the way our students relate to each other. Specifically that means the words they use, and the tone with which they speak to each other. To be consistent in approach and to be fair to the students we have the following policy regarding the use of inappropriate language.
To foster language and Christian character among our students that is in keeping with the Christian atmosphere of our school:
- Students and parents will be reminded that use of inappropriate language (and related) will not be tolerated.
- Staff to set uniform discipline policy to deal with inappropriate language.
- Regular individual classroom discussions.
To reaffirm and maintain consistency of discipline on playground (and throughout the school):
- Review present rules from time to time.
- Choose and concentrate on four specific areas: Language Put downs Hallways Washrooms
- Review above areas regularly.