Parents are responsible for the dress of their children; however, the school reserves the right to call certain dress inappropriate. Scripture calls us to be “transformed by the renewing of our minds” rather than being “conformed to the patterns of this world.” (Romans 12:2). Even our appearance can reflect our desire to honour God with our lives by redeeming culture rather than being absorbed by it. Pease ensure that your children’s dress observes the following criteria:
- Clothing should be attractive, comfortable, and allow ease of movement. With this in mind we suggest dresses, skirts, or dress pants for the girls, and cords or jeans in good condition for either girls or boys.
- Shorts may be worn during the warmer weather. (No short shorts.) Walking type shorts only for Grade 5 – 8. Extremely tight-fitting shorts and skirts are inappropriate. Also, wearing leggings with short skirts or shorts is considered unacceptable.
- Halter tops, bare midriffs, and T-shirts with inappropriate slogans (such as suggestive, racist, satanic, occultist, etc.) will not be allowed. “Lasagna noodle” strap tops are allowable, but NO spaghetti noodle straps or low cut neck lines.
- Proper attire for physical education for both boys and girls is a t-shirt and shorts or track pants. Shorts should be the cotton, track type [preferably lined]. No clingy, ill-fitting or too short shorts will be allowed.
- Students must have suitable indoor and outdoor footwear. Outdoor footwear must be conducive to playground activities (eg. “flip flops” leave the feet vulnerable to injury).
- Make-up should be minimal if worn and applied ONLY at home.